Tim Cawkwell's Cinema
Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Bresson Study Materials
- Books on Bresson continue to appear. The outstanding one in my opinion is ROBERT BRESSON REVISED, edited by James Quandt and published by the Toronto International Film Festival Cinematheque. (It's 'revised' because it was first published in 1998; this updated and expanded edition came out in 2011.) You can read my assessment of it here.
- The Bresson website, www.robert-bresson.com is ably managed by Trond Trondsen from Canada. It contains Bresson materials, interviews and an excellent online bibliography, covering books, articles, newspaper cuttings etc. There is an interview with me by Jonathan Hourigan.
- Another good website is a French one, with a number of clips and intriguing articles: www.robertbresson.org.
- Further material from me is as follows:
- a brief introduction to L'Argent
- a brief introduction to Un Condamne / A Man Escaped
- An essay (3500 words) on the link between Un Condamne a mort s'est echappe / A Man Escaped and Blaise Pascal's 'Writings on Grace'. This appeared originally in the UK journal 'Theology' and I am grateful to them for permission to make it available here.